Sunday, July 11, 2010

Turned the tassel and moving on...

The tassel was turned on June 10, 2010. I can't believe that I am a high school graduate of Northern High. I am about to embark on my collegiate journey at Wingate University in the fall. Wingate is a small, private university. The school colors are blue and gold, just like my high school colors. And the Wingate mascot is the Bulldog. I move in on August 15th and I cannot wait. That is actually 5 days before most freshman and even more before returning students. I am starting out my college adventure with a pre-orientation program called Gateway. Incoming frosh had the opportunity to choose to attend Gateway and if they did, they could choose between 4 options. I decided to explore the Queen City with some other freshmen. I will be going to Carowinds theme park one day, the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Lowes Motor Speedway, and whitewater rafting and ziplining at the US National Whitewater Center. We will also go to a minor league baseball game, learn about museums and cultural experiences in the Queen City and dine at some of the cities favorite restaurants. Following Gateway, is the actual orientation where I meet the rest of the freshmen that will be starting Wingate this fall and I will get my ID, parking pass, and my complete schedule. I have already received my temporary but likely schedule and on MWF, my first class begins at 10 am. On Tuesday, I start at 9 am. My last class every day is over at 1:50!! Pretty good for a freshman schedule and I am getting 16 hours.

My mom continuously tells me to make the most out of my next four years, that they will be the best years of my life and not to rush them in any way. I am ready to get to Wingate and to begin making the friendships that I will have for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment